You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone photos will not back up and I have enough storage

I got a message "Not Enough iCloud Storage" when I went to back up by photos on my iPhone. I clicked on "Manage" and bought the 2TB subscription so I should now have plenty of storage. Still getting the same message though when I try to back up. If I click on "Manage" it just takes me to my iCloud Storage setting where it shows I have used 49 GB of 2 TB of available storage. I am going in circles and don't know how to fix this. I've turned my phone on and off twice but that didn't help either. Please advise! I am stuck.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 10:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 12:30 PM

Hello SLBC_19,

Backing up your photos and other data is important, it helps ensure your data is safe. And from your iCloud storage amount, you have plenty of space available. Do you know the size of the backup that keeps failing? Check your iCloud storage and Next Backup Size in iOS or iPadOS1. Go to Settings > [your name].2. Tap iCloud. The amount of iCloud storage that you've used is listed at the top. Learn more. 3. Tap Manage Storage.4. Tap Backups, then tap the device you're using. Next Backup Size is listed under Last Backup and Backup Size. 

It may take a few minutes for your device to calculate Next Backup Size. Restarting was a good step to try. If you still are unable to backup, and your next backup storage amount should have plenty of space, then we recommend reaching out to Apple Support by going to Get Support so they can look into this with you further.

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2022 12:30 PM in response to SLBC_19

Hello SLBC_19,

Backing up your photos and other data is important, it helps ensure your data is safe. And from your iCloud storage amount, you have plenty of space available. Do you know the size of the backup that keeps failing? Check your iCloud storage and Next Backup Size in iOS or iPadOS1. Go to Settings > [your name].2. Tap iCloud. The amount of iCloud storage that you've used is listed at the top. Learn more. 3. Tap Manage Storage.4. Tap Backups, then tap the device you're using. Next Backup Size is listed under Last Backup and Backup Size. 

It may take a few minutes for your device to calculate Next Backup Size. Restarting was a good step to try. If you still are unable to backup, and your next backup storage amount should have plenty of space, then we recommend reaching out to Apple Support by going to Get Support so they can look into this with you further.

Take care!

iphone photos will not back up and I have enough storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.