You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macos 12.3.1 update installation frozen with message "less than a minute remaining"

I have a MacBook Pro 2017 with 16GB RAM. I have been trying to update to macOS Monterey 12.3.1 and the screen is frozen for a few hours during the installation and the message says "Less than a minute remaining"

Is anyone else experiencing the same when updating Monterey to 12.3.1?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 11:35 PM

3 replies

Apr 2, 2022 10:34 AM in response to Esfandiar Behrouz

Monterey is a large file and takes a lot of time to load. It also has several automatic restarts. In my experience the whole process, when downloaded, should install in an hour or so. I'm guessing that your downloaded file got corrupted and cannot finish loading. Try restarting, put the downloaded file into the Trash and empty it. Then do another clean download using a wired Ethernet connection, not Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is just too slow for these very large files and they will often fail. If you need to temporarily move the computer to get a wired connection, do so. If that is not possible then you may have to attempt multiple lengthy downloads until you get a clean one that will install. Good luck.

macos 12.3.1 update installation frozen with message "less than a minute remaining"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.