You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook 14" to Monterey 12.3.1 and the bettery is still drained

I just upgrade My MacBook 14" to Monterey 12.3.1 and the bettery is still drained (see picture below) when it is in sleep mode. I don't see any machine back up is running, iCloud still is connected, my Mac is not connected to any external devices as well as it is not sharing anything to other device as well.

Would the battery drain issue is fixed in 12.3.1? If any have information on how to fix this, please let me know. I would be very appriciated as this issue causing a lot problem for me.

Thank you very much in advance.

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 2:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 12:22 PM

Just because the laptop is asleep does not mean it isn't working from time to time, or maybe your laptop never fully entered into sleep mode because of some process not letting the laptop sleep. macOS has some settings in the Battery System Preferences (I believe they are still there like they were in the older Energy Saver System Preferences) which can configure the laptop's behavior for such things as Power Nap.

Maybe quit out of all open apps to see if that helps. If it helps, then one of those apps is likely the source of the battery drain.

Have you tried just rebooting the laptop?

You can try manually putting the laptop into Sleep Mode by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "Sleep" to see if the laptop enters sleep mode (display goes dark, fan speed lowers until it is off, laptop cools down). Just closing the lid won't allow you to see if the display goes dark or maybe the sleep sensor is not being activated when the lid closes.

Try running the laptop in Safe Mode and putting the laptop to sleep. See if the battery drains less while in Safe Mode during sleep. If so, then you have likely have some third party software that is causing a problem.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2022 12:22 PM in response to viet-thang

Just because the laptop is asleep does not mean it isn't working from time to time, or maybe your laptop never fully entered into sleep mode because of some process not letting the laptop sleep. macOS has some settings in the Battery System Preferences (I believe they are still there like they were in the older Energy Saver System Preferences) which can configure the laptop's behavior for such things as Power Nap.

Maybe quit out of all open apps to see if that helps. If it helps, then one of those apps is likely the source of the battery drain.

Have you tried just rebooting the laptop?

You can try manually putting the laptop into Sleep Mode by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "Sleep" to see if the laptop enters sleep mode (display goes dark, fan speed lowers until it is off, laptop cools down). Just closing the lid won't allow you to see if the display goes dark or maybe the sleep sensor is not being activated when the lid closes.

Try running the laptop in Safe Mode and putting the laptop to sleep. See if the battery drains less while in Safe Mode during sleep. If so, then you have likely have some third party software that is causing a problem.

MacBook 14" to Monterey 12.3.1 and the bettery is still drained

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.