You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tabs in Safari keep going back to the previous tab when I press on a link or open something within a tab.

Randomly, my MacBook Pro undoes an action I do whenever I open an email or press on a link it sort of refreshes the screen and stays on the previous page. This happens somewhat frequently and its been bothering me as sometimes I need to press on the link again after it clearly shows that its opening the link I pressed on. This also isn't a network problem as I've tried this in different places with different WiFi connections. I appreciate any help and thank you for your time!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 8:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 9:14 AM

Surbin wrote:

Randomly, my MacBook Pro undoes an action I do whenever I open an email or press on a link it sort of refreshes the screen and stays on the previous page. This happens somewhat frequently and its been bothering me as sometimes I need to press on the link again after it clearly shows that its opening the link I pressed on. This also isn't a network problem as I've tried this in different places with different WiFi connections. I appreciate any help and thank you for your time!

Did you try making changes to your Safari Preferences...?

Change Tabs preferences in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 5, 2022 9:14 AM in response to Surbin

Surbin wrote:

Did you try making changes to your Safari Preferences...?

Change Tabs preferences in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Tabs in Safari keep going back to the previous tab when I press on a link or open something within a tab.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.