You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have overrun my cellular plan, and continue to be drawing data. My Cellular data is off, my wifi assist is off,

I am home and on wifi. The largest usage is podcasts 25.5 GB my system services is 7.9 Google is ntext with 4.7 GB, Uninstalled apps (?) is 2.6GB This all started with the latest Ios update.

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 9:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 9:46 AM

If you are on Wi-Fi you should not be using cellular data at all unless the Wi-Fi signal is really weak and Wi-Fi assist is turned on in Settings->Cellular.

Also, when was the last time you reset the cellular statistics? The data usage in Settings->Cellular is not automatically reset, so unless you have manually reset them, the values you see are for all time since you activated that iPhone or the last time it was actually reset and not just for the current billing period.

Go to Settings->Cellular, and scroll all the way to the bottom of the App list to see the Last reset date under the "Reset Statistics" button.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 5, 2022 9:46 AM in response to Jerry765

If you are on Wi-Fi you should not be using cellular data at all unless the Wi-Fi signal is really weak and Wi-Fi assist is turned on in Settings->Cellular.

Also, when was the last time you reset the cellular statistics? The data usage in Settings->Cellular is not automatically reset, so unless you have manually reset them, the values you see are for all time since you activated that iPhone or the last time it was actually reset and not just for the current billing period.

Go to Settings->Cellular, and scroll all the way to the bottom of the App list to see the Last reset date under the "Reset Statistics" button.

Apr 5, 2022 9:53 AM in response to Phil0124

Hi, My Wifi assist is turned off.

I reset the statistics and will keep my eye on it. I keep getting AT&T reminders that I have 75, then 90% then no data left, and the I am being charged $15, yet again. This has been happening for the last 3 days since I downloaded 15.4.1. Can there be an issue with the latest update and podcasts?

I have overrun my cellular plan, and continue to be drawing data. My Cellular data is off, my wifi assist is off,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.