You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No “get” button for big sur on apple website

Hi

i have been trying to download and install big sur to my 2014 MacBook Air but on the apple website there is not “get” button so I can’t download it. It doesn’t come up at all in the App Store when I search for it. Any thoughts?

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 7:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 10:26 PM

LeighJostein83 Said:

"No 'get' button for big sur on apple website: Hi: i have been trying to download and install big sur to my 2014 MacBook Air but on the apple website there is not 'get' button so I can’t download it. It doesn’t come up at all in the App Store when I search for it. Any thoughts?"

-------

Incompatibility Being the Culprit:

You device many not be compatible. So, go here to see if you can use it: macOS Big Sur is Compatible with these Computers - Apple Support***

If Compatible, go here for installing it: How to Get Old Versions of macOS - Apple Support

***Screenshot:

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 5, 2022 10:26 PM in response to LeighJostein83

LeighJostein83 Said:

"No 'get' button for big sur on apple website: Hi: i have been trying to download and install big sur to my 2014 MacBook Air but on the apple website there is not 'get' button so I can’t download it. It doesn’t come up at all in the App Store when I search for it. Any thoughts?"

-------

Incompatibility Being the Culprit:

You device many not be compatible. So, go here to see if you can use it: macOS Big Sur is Compatible with these Computers - Apple Support***

If Compatible, go here for installing it: How to Get Old Versions of macOS - Apple Support

***Screenshot:

No “get” button for big sur on apple website

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.