You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting apple tv 4k to Receiver NAD T748

When I connect my new apple tv 4k to my NAD receiver T748 with the hdmi cable a message comes out ‘No source found’. Tried many times, connecting / disconnecting, plugging / unplugging. Any idea how to make this work?

Thanks,

Miguel

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 9:27 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 5, 2022 10:12 PM in response to MigJar

I gather that the NAD T748 has HDMI v1.4 ports that were advertised in 2011 as “3D Ready”. So it’s old, but that’s OK - I expect you’ve got a 1080p HD TV plugged into the HDMI out port of the T748, and I would think that the ATV4K should plug into one of the T748’s HDMI inputs and believe it’s connected to a 1080p TV. In other words, the ATV4K’s 2.0 or 2.1 HDMI should be backward compatible and show up as a valid input on the T748.

OTOH, if you’ve got a UHD/4K TV plugged in to the ARC / HDMI OUT port on the T748, then you should plug the ATV4K into one of your TV’s available HDMI inputs.

Apr 5, 2022 9:57 PM in response to MigJar

Hi MigJar,

This is from a T748/AppleTV thread from some years ago, however, maybe it is still applicable?

How to connect apple tv to NAD T748 AV Re… - Apple Community

Within the thread there's suggestion that you'll need to use AppleTV HDMI direct to TV then use the optical out to T748 (due to the NAD not supporting HDCP compatibility with AppleTV).

Also this from a T748 user (they are using a Samsung TV): "discovered the only way I could get it to work was to run an HDMI cable from my Apple TV to TV's HDMI 2. HDMI 1 then runs from TV to HDMI out on T748 AV Receiver

Could not find any reference to HDCP for NAD T748 or TV

Connecting apple tv 4k to Receiver NAD T748

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.