You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstalling MacOS Sierra, after deleting the disk storage for trying to sell it’

I was trying to factory reset my 2017 MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar, and when I got to the step for reinstalling the MacOS Sytstem, I have a message pop up saying “An Error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again.” I have done this about three times now, and I’m almost convinced I messed up badly. Is there anyone that’s run into a similar issue before? Or someone that would know how to remedy this?

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 4:49 PM

3 replies

May 4, 2022 11:24 AM in response to spencermcnabney27

I am giving my Macbook Pro to a family member so I erased the content but can’t get it to let me reinstall the MacOS system. It starts to install and then I get the same error message as mentioned by spencermacnabney27—“An Error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again.”. I also tried this numerous times but it won’t reinstall. I run recovery disk utilities and tried to see if I could repair but unfortunately, I would need some help to walk through any process for repair. I have been searching but haven’t been able to find any source that gives more detail in how to go about repairs so that I can reinstall the MacOS. I would appreciate any help

Reinstalling MacOS Sierra, after deleting the disk storage for trying to sell it’

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.