You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hard drive compatibility issue with MacBook Pro?

I have a MacBook Pro 2011 with High Sierra My computer would no longer recognize my GDrive so I was told by Apple to get another. I got the ArmorATD hardrive but it still will not recognize hard drvie. Help?

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 4:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 7:33 PM

I did just try on another mac - no good - you are correct. Now I need to find a place that does data retrieval for G-Drives. I presently kept the two back ups in Time Machine - dumb question here..... when I backed the entire computer up on ArmorATD (took 5 hours), dis that automatically back up all that was on the old back up even though not plugged in? I assume all is in the mac? Or not? Many thanks in advance...

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 8, 2022 7:33 PM in response to tjk

I did just try on another mac - no good - you are correct. Now I need to find a place that does data retrieval for G-Drives. I presently kept the two back ups in Time Machine - dumb question here..... when I backed the entire computer up on ArmorATD (took 5 hours), dis that automatically back up all that was on the old back up even though not plugged in? I assume all is in the mac? Or not? Many thanks in advance...

Hard drive compatibility issue with MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.