You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving high numbers of spam in my inbox...what product do you recommend for anti-virus protection?

Receiving high numbers of spam in my inbox...what product do you recommend for anti-virus protection?

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 7:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 7:30 PM

Do not install any third party antivirus apps. They are not needed and they may cause problems. Your Mac has built-in protection.

macOS - Security - Apple

Security features on your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

7 replies

Apr 10, 2022 7:50 AM in response to Allan Jones

One under-appreciated step you can take is to stop automatically "acknowledging" receipt of corporate/spam emails.

Load Remote content in messages:

When remote content is retrieved from a [remote] server, information about your Mac can be revealed. You can deselect the option for increased security, but some messages may not display correctly.

Remote content isn’t displayed in messages that Mail marks as junk.

to view the remote content in legitimate messages, just click the (show remote content) button in that message.

Mail > Preferences > Viewing ...

[_] Load remote content in messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.