You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I receive or make a call I can not hear them and they can not hear me unless I put it on speaker

When I receive or make a call I can not hear them and they can not hear me unless I put it on speaker

iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 12:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 12:34 AM

Make a call to a friend and when answered and during the call increase the volume with volume up button.

Next, try a Forced restart Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

If no better you should arrange a repair iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Or

Contact - Official Apple Support

5 replies

Apr 9, 2022 10:38 AM in response to borador

Yes but it seems less likely that vol up will help

If you need to have it repaired yog will have to backup and restore to factory so uou may as well try this:

Backup, restore to factory, and restore from backup

(If you can import your media to Photos or iTunes in a computer and copy important documents to a cloud server it will give you some resilience in case the restore from backup fails.)

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If the problem remains then do step (2) again but set up as new without restoring any backup. If that fixes it then it is probably a rogue app.

Otherwise arrange a repair

iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.