You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cannot add any debit/credit card as a payment method. All cards are functional. and also i have updated my ios to the latest version. any suggestions for resolving the issue?

i cannot add any debit/credit card as a payment method. All cards are functional. and also i have updated my ios to the latest version. any suggestions for resolving the issue?

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 2:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 1:59 PM

Hello

My debit card is fully functional but I cannot add it to payment method. Error msg says: “There is an issue with your payment method. Update your payment information to correct the problem and try again.” - without explaining WHICH issue (how can you resolve an "issue" if you are left in the dark about what that "issue" is?).

My payment info is correct! I spent two hours on the phone with Apple Support, three different people in sequence, I even added Apple Cloud and Apple Pay in the process - yet, the problem still isn't resolved. Who can help?

Paul

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 25, 2022 1:59 PM in response to Eric Root

Hello

My debit card is fully functional but I cannot add it to payment method. Error msg says: “There is an issue with your payment method. Update your payment information to correct the problem and try again.” - without explaining WHICH issue (how can you resolve an "issue" if you are left in the dark about what that "issue" is?).

My payment info is correct! I spent two hours on the phone with Apple Support, three different people in sequence, I even added Apple Cloud and Apple Pay in the process - yet, the problem still isn't resolved. Who can help?

Paul

Apr 9, 2022 3:23 AM in response to ranbir50

Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

See also the following Apple articles:

Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods

Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods – Apple Support (UK)

Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.