You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set Pages to Open with "Recent" files visible

Hello! I have a pet peeve someone can help me solve. Every time I open Pages it goes to one folder and it's contents. Is there any way I can make Pages open with the "Recents" file visible? Or in other words, how do I change the folder Pages always opens to?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 7:28 AM

5 replies

Apr 9, 2022 8:08 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks, Viking OSX. I understand what you're saying. I'm wondering if I do disable the pages selection in iCloud Drive > Options, will it stop syncing iCloud to my iPad? I use my MacBook and iPad for pages and need them to be in sync.

Also, when I open Pages I get a window with files and folders much like a Finder window. The only way I get to templates is when I click "New Document."

Thanks again,

Apr 9, 2022 9:17 AM in response to shaner41

When I create a new document with Pages v12.0 on macOS 11.6.5 and then Save… I see the following in the File Chooser side bar, despite the fact that Pages is deselected in iCloud Drive > Options… panel.

By saving the macOS Pages document to that iCloud > Pages location, it is immediately available to Pages v12 for iOS.

If you also see this on a Pages for Mac Save, then choose that iCloud Pages folder and then your iOS/iPadOS devices should also see the document. When I first launch Pages v12.0 (and this has been true with earlier versions), the only dialog that opens is the Template Chooser — provided I leave Pages deselected on that iCloud Drive > Options… panel.

Apr 9, 2022 7:49 AM in response to shaner41

Pages will open a template chooser by default. If you disable the Pages selection in iCloud Drive > Options, then it will stop opening a file chooser on the last saved location when you launch the application and do the first sentence. There is no opening Pages on a predetermined folder, or on the Recents category which is not a folder location anyway.

You can always cancel the Template Chooser and then select from File menu > Open Recents listing of previous documents.

Set Pages to Open with "Recent" files visible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.