You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone will not connect AirPlay to Apple tv

Hi. I have both an Apple TV 4K box and a FireTV. While I can use airplay on the FireTV to mirror any attempt to use my iPhone or IPad to connect my TV via the AppleTV airplay setting returns an error message saying it cannot connect.

I have all my devices on the same WiFi setting, Bluetooth on and have tried renaming the room for the setting (I.e., Main Bedroom rather than Master Bedroom.) what comes next?

iPhone XR, 15

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 6:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 1:00 PM

Hi JustJoan,

It looks like you're seeing an error when you use AirPlay, and you may have already covered some of the steps in this link: If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device

"Try these steps first

After each step, see if you still need help. 

1. Make sure that your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and near each other.
  2. Check that the devices are updated to the latest software and are on the same Wi-Fi network. 
  3. Restart the devices that you want to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring.

If you're prompted to enter a password, you might have restrictions turned on, or you might need to adjust your AirPlay password settings."

If you've covered all of the above, including ensuring all devices are updated, we recommend getting in touch with Apple next to look into this further: Get Support

Kind regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 11, 2022 1:00 PM in response to JustJoan R.

Hi JustJoan,

It looks like you're seeing an error when you use AirPlay, and you may have already covered some of the steps in this link: If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device

"Try these steps first

After each step, see if you still need help. 

1. Make sure that your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and near each other.
  2. Check that the devices are updated to the latest software and are on the same Wi-Fi network. 
  3. Restart the devices that you want to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring.

If you're prompted to enter a password, you might have restrictions turned on, or you might need to adjust your AirPlay password settings."

If you've covered all of the above, including ensuring all devices are updated, we recommend getting in touch with Apple next to look into this further: Get Support

Kind regards.

iPhone will not connect AirPlay to Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.