You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DOWNLOAD FOLDER

Why no dedicated download folder for iOS when this is available for OS?

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 12:14 PM

10 replies

Apr 12, 2022 4:28 AM in response to jwnhr9

jwnhr9 wrote: "...it would be so much more straightforward for iOS to have a dedicated Download folder, directly available to the user, rather than having to search within in iCloud etc. OS has this facility with a single click."

You can place an icon on the Home Screen which will open the Downloads folder with a single tap:

The above is a simple custom Shortcut I just created consisting of two actions: Folder and Open File:

...Then:

Add a shortcut to the Home Screen on iPhone or iPad

õ¿õ¬

Apr 12, 2022 8:23 AM in response to jwnhr9

jwnhr9 wrote: "Can you please offer extra step by step guidance on how that is achieved ?..."

Jim ~ Sure, but rather than me typing a lot, I made a video linked below. If you're not sure what element I've tapped, post back with the time it occurred, e.g. "What are you tapping at 00:29?" and I'll reply: "Add Action". Shortcuts is easy once you're familiar with it, but inevitably there's a learning curve. At lower right of the video there's a Settings "cog" icon via which you can slow the speed to 0.5x.

Creating the Downloads custom shortcut – 01:18 video

Ref: Shortcuts User Guide for iPhone and iPad

õ¿õ¬

DOWNLOAD FOLDER

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.