You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop keeps failing on MacBook Pro

Hello! Brand new 16" MacBook Pro, and it keeps failing to appear in the airdrop menu for my other devices (phone, ipad). All of the settings are on and correct, it is discoverable by everyone, Bluetooth and wifi are on and have been restarted a few times. Firewall is off. OS is Monterey, updated as of a month ago when I got the computer. If I restart the computer, airdrop will work for a few hours, but then it will stop. I use airdrop constantly and I really don't want to have to reboot my computer every single time I need to send a file back and forth. How can I fix this?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 7:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 9:03 AM

atins wrote:

Hello! Brand new 16" MacBook Pro, and it keeps failing to appear in the airdrop menu for my other devices (phone, ipad). All of the settings are on and correct, it is discoverable by everyone, Bluetooth and wifi are on and have been restarted a few times. Firewall is off. OS is Monterey, updated as of a month ago when I got the computer. If I restart the computer, airdrop will work for a few hours, but then it will stop. I use airdrop constantly and I really don't want to have to reboot my computer every single time I need to send a file back and forth. How can I fix this?

I always found Airdrop to be a bit finicky...yes. Sometime it worked sometimes it did not with no clear rhyme or reason.

Use AirDrop on your Mac - Apple Support

You can file a bug report here submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 12, 2022 9:03 AM in response to atins

atins wrote:

I always found Airdrop to be a bit finicky...yes. Sometime it worked sometimes it did not with no clear rhyme or reason.

Use AirDrop on your Mac - Apple Support

You can file a bug report here submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.