You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edits on photos aren't saving, they revert back to original when I hit "Save".

As soon as I hit the "Save" button after editing a photo on my MacBook Pro, the edits disappear and the photo reverts back to the original photo before making my edits. So I take time to edit then my edits won't save. Help.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 10:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 12:59 PM

Hello. I meant "Done", not save. :) Just editing in "photos" on MacBook Pro laptop. No apps, just editing in "photos". Thank you.

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 12, 2022 11:42 AM in response to PamelaMMM

When you edit photos in Photos using the Edit view, you have to click the "Done" button, when you have applied all adjustment. Then the photo should appear with the adjustments applied. There is no "Save" button.

Or are you editing photos with an external editor? And are calling the editor from Photos with "Image > Edit with ..."? It will depend on the editor you are using, if the edits can be saved back to Photos. Which editor are you using?

If the editor is not fully compatible with Photos and cannot be updated, you may want to save the edits with "Save as ...", so you can find the edited version in folder in the Finder.

Then import the edited photo to Photos.

I am using the External Editors extension to pair the saved, edited photo with the original in Photos. "External Editors" offers a very useful command "replace file". I simply select the photo I have yjust edited, then click Edit, call the External Editors extension, click "replace file" and select the saved, edited image as a replacement. The extension will pair it with the original.

Edits on photos aren't saving, they revert back to original when I hit "Save".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.