You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How I can print "selected area on a page" in Pages?

I found some answers from a while back. I'm hoping Apple improved on the previous answer.\

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 2:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 3:53 PM

I suspect the 'previous answer' was similar to the current answer:

With the Pages document open to the page containing the area to be selected:

• Pace the pointer at the top left of the ara you want to print.
  • Press shift-control-command-4

The pointer will change to a cross-hair icon.

• Drag the icon down and right to create a selection rectangle enclosing the part of the page you want to print,
  • Release the mouse button to take a screen shot of the selected area.

The Mac will place the image of th selected part of the screen on the Clipboard.

• Launch Preview.
  • In Preview's File menu, choose New from Clipboa
  • Preview will open a new document containing only the 'selected area' included in the screen shot.

Regards,

Barry

PS: If you omit 'control' from the keystroke combination above, the screenshot will be saved as a .pdf file in your Desktop folder. The file's name will be 'screen shot' followed by the date and time the screenshot was taken, and with a .pdf extension.

The file caan be opened in Preview, or inserted in a new pages docuemnt for printing.

B.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 12, 2022 3:53 PM in response to designhostess

I suspect the 'previous answer' was similar to the current answer:

With the Pages document open to the page containing the area to be selected:

• Pace the pointer at the top left of the ara you want to print.
  • Press shift-control-command-4

The pointer will change to a cross-hair icon.

• Drag the icon down and right to create a selection rectangle enclosing the part of the page you want to print,
  • Release the mouse button to take a screen shot of the selected area.

The Mac will place the image of th selected part of the screen on the Clipboard.

• Launch Preview.
  • In Preview's File menu, choose New from Clipboa
  • Preview will open a new document containing only the 'selected area' included in the screen shot.

Regards,

Barry

PS: If you omit 'control' from the keystroke combination above, the screenshot will be saved as a .pdf file in your Desktop folder. The file's name will be 'screen shot' followed by the date and time the screenshot was taken, and with a .pdf extension.

The file caan be opened in Preview, or inserted in a new pages docuemnt for printing.

B.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.