You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I turn off the cursor hover function?

this question was answered back in 2012 but is no longer relevant because preferances have changed. I did not have this problem until Monterey. It's really annoying. Now when I am looking for something and not watching the cursor, things open up all over the place that I did not want to open.

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 12:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 7:35 AM

OC1paddler wrote:

this question was answered back in 2012 but is no longer relevant because preferances have changed. I did not have this problem until Monterey. It's really annoying. Now when I am looking for something and not watching the cursor, things open up all over the place that I did not want to open.

Mouse-overs are coded into web pages...if it is the app interface itself you can try a different browser and compare your results—I know Safari.app has become increasingly more annoying...

can you give an example?

I do not see nor recommend trying to hobble this feature system wide.

Thee layers of standard web technologies: HTML, CSS, and javascript

Some but not all mouse-overs are governed by java-script. You can turn this off...

Safari>Preferences>Security

Change Websites preferences in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 13, 2022 7:35 AM in response to OC1paddler

OC1paddler wrote:

Mouse-overs are coded into web pages...if it is the app interface itself you can try a different browser and compare your results—I know Safari.app has become increasingly more annoying...

can you give an example?

I do not see nor recommend trying to hobble this feature system wide.

Thee layers of standard web technologies: HTML, CSS, and javascript

Some but not all mouse-overs are governed by java-script. You can turn this off...

Safari>Preferences>Security

Change Websites preferences in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

how do I turn off the cursor hover function?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.