You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone text notifications don't show up on my iphone when i'm close to my imac or my macbook

I've tried all of the solutions, and none seem to work. This has been happening for a while. I won't get text notifications or text tone on my iphone when i'm close to my macbook or imac. i've gone onto my imac and disabled the messages app as much as i can, i'm about ready to try deleting the app to see if that changes anything. and please don't say reset all the settings on my iphone. it's a HUGE pain to set everything back up again. I know this has been a problem for a while, is anyone else still experiencing it? and it's too bad because i would like to be able to use my messages app again on my computers, I just can't risk missing notifications on my phone. It's been happening a ton lately, and causing trouble with my wife lol.

i have an iphone 12 pro max

macbook pro 2012

imac retina 2019

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 6:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 3:04 AM

Sorry about the issue being experienced.

But have 2 Apple Desktop( 1 Monterey and 1 High Sierra ) and 1 Apple Laptop ( Monterey ) plus 1 iPhone 12 (iOS 15.4.1 ) and all are setup on the same Apple ID account.

Whether the iPhone is in the new room or right beside the comer I am working on - a Text or SMS message received and the Notification appear on the Desktop or Laptop plus the iPhone at the same time.

To achieve this - have Messages is iCloud and on the iPhone >> Settings >> Messages and enable Text Forwarding. Still on the iPhone and in Message and make sure the Laptop / Desktop is Listed and Slider to Green for those specific Devices my their name.

This way, a Text or SMS message recipe on the iPhone will produce a Notification like desired AND also product a Notification on the Desktop too

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 15, 2022 3:04 AM in response to Eric George

Sorry about the issue being experienced.

But have 2 Apple Desktop( 1 Monterey and 1 High Sierra ) and 1 Apple Laptop ( Monterey ) plus 1 iPhone 12 (iOS 15.4.1 ) and all are setup on the same Apple ID account.

Whether the iPhone is in the new room or right beside the comer I am working on - a Text or SMS message received and the Notification appear on the Desktop or Laptop plus the iPhone at the same time.

To achieve this - have Messages is iCloud and on the iPhone >> Settings >> Messages and enable Text Forwarding. Still on the iPhone and in Message and make sure the Laptop / Desktop is Listed and Slider to Green for those specific Devices my their name.

This way, a Text or SMS message recipe on the iPhone will produce a Notification like desired AND also product a Notification on the Desktop too

iphone text notifications don't show up on my iphone when i'm close to my imac or my macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.