You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am running safari Version 13.1.2 I am trying to update but can't seem to find a way

I have tried everything i can think of to update safari. can anyone help?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 6:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 8:28 PM

Safari is generally updated only with a new macOS. Occasionally Apple releases new versions of Safari for older operating systems and this was the case for Safari 13 in 2019 when it was made available for High Sierra (10.13) and Mojave (10.14) systems as a download.

Safari 14 was available as a download the following year for Mojave, but not High Sierra.

To have a later version of Safari you will need a later operating system, either by upgrading your MacBook Air - and this may not be possible depending on its age - or by acquiring a new Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 14, 2022 8:28 PM in response to Chibeckia

Safari is generally updated only with a new macOS. Occasionally Apple releases new versions of Safari for older operating systems and this was the case for Safari 13 in 2019 when it was made available for High Sierra (10.13) and Mojave (10.14) systems as a download.

Safari 14 was available as a download the following year for Mojave, but not High Sierra.

To have a later version of Safari you will need a later operating system, either by upgrading your MacBook Air - and this may not be possible depending on its age - or by acquiring a new Mac.

I am running safari Version 13.1.2 I am trying to update but can't seem to find a way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.