You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Section break in the middle of the page

Hello,

I want to delete a footer but because the section break is in the middle of the page, the footer is considered to be in section 2 lets say. I can add a new fake section so the footer is in the new section but the new section adds a black page that I don't wan't in my book. Is there a way to add a section break and continue (I guess not because you can drag & drop in thumbnails, but it is worth asking the experts).

I want:

Section 2 (break in the middle of the page)

Footer DELETED

Section 3 (on a new page, not on 2 new pages)

Thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 5:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 1:50 PM

"I want:

Footer DELETED

Thanks!"

Seems to work h.ere. I inserted page numbers in header and footer to make those in separate sections visible in the same screen shot. Section 1 format was set to lower case Roman numerals. hose in Section 2 were set to Arabic digits. Formats and numbering were correct when set to continue from previous section (seen here), or to /start at 1 (second image).

Second image:

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 15, 2022 1:50 PM in response to jdiazkropman

"I want:

Footer DELETED

Thanks!"

Seems to work h.ere. I inserted page numbers in header and footer to make those in separate sections visible in the same screen shot. Section 1 format was set to lower case Roman numerals. hose in Section 2 were set to Arabic digits. Formats and numbering were correct when set to continue from previous section (seen here), or to /start at 1 (second image).

Second image:

Regards,

Barry

Section break in the middle of the page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.