You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i claim warrant

Hi, Can I know if I'm able to claim a warranty for my iPhone11 which was bought on the 01st of Feb 2022? I'm in Sri Lanka and I need to get my iPhone replaced from either Dubai or Singapore. And I'm not able to visit those stores to get my iPhone replaced. Can I send it through a friend to get it replaced and what will the process be?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 7:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 8:08 AM

Apple does not provide an international warranty for their iPhones. It may be possible to get this phone repaired, as you mentioned, by sending it to a friend in either location. In that case, they will have to physically take the phone in to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

As such, Apple then will evaluate the phone to verify if there are any manufacturing defects. If so, it may be possible then to get a replacement phone at no cost to you. Otherwise, any repairs required will not be free. Once completed, your friend would have to get the phone back to you.

I suggest that your friend visit the Apple location first to confirm the process.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 15, 2022 8:08 AM in response to Ridge2000

Apple does not provide an international warranty for their iPhones. It may be possible to get this phone repaired, as you mentioned, by sending it to a friend in either location. In that case, they will have to physically take the phone in to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

As such, Apple then will evaluate the phone to verify if there are any manufacturing defects. If so, it may be possible then to get a replacement phone at no cost to you. Otherwise, any repairs required will not be free. Once completed, your friend would have to get the phone back to you.

I suggest that your friend visit the Apple location first to confirm the process.

how do i claim warrant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.