You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you stop a mac from connecting to the display every time it boots from sleep?

Hi all,

I have a 2015 MBP 13" Retina. I connect it to an external display via HDMI, but the annoying thing is, is that every time I boot it up from sleep, it always takes about 10 seconds to reconnect to the external display. It might not seem like much but it really adds up!

I am aware of solutions such as amphetamine to keep the display from sleeping, but I am worried about pixel burn in and battery usage so I wouldn't consider it a total fix. Is there any setting or application I can use to stop this?

Many thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 3:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 4:39 AM

No. It needs to wake the monitor and establish a connection. Sit tight.

Similar questions

2 replies

Can you stop a mac from connecting to the display every time it boots from sleep?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.