You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk missing no place to install new os x or start up disk

Hey so i recently erased macontosh hd and macontosh hd - data. But after erasing macontosh hd, and restarting my laptop I was immediately sent to internet recovery it failed the first time with code -2100f, but after another restart it finished its loading and sent me disk utility. It was different though for some reason the gui changed and the drives I had were my ssd, disk0s2, disk 1, os x base systems. I thought ok and thought nothing of it so I went to reinstall a new os x, but instead of Catalina like it used to be it was Yosemite. Not to mention after getting to the part where it says select disk to continue there is no disk, nothing. The something happens in startup disk too, there is no disk. Pls help. Here's some pictures sorry for poor quality.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 12:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 2:57 PM

Here are the instructions for an erase-and-reinstall:

Erase and reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Where that suggests Recovery startup with Command R, use Option Command R to start Recovery to get the newest macOS supported by your Mac, as described here:

Use macOS Recovery on an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 17, 2022 2:57 PM in response to Snarz

Here are the instructions for an erase-and-reinstall:

Erase and reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Where that suggests Recovery startup with Command R, use Option Command R to start Recovery to get the newest macOS supported by your Mac, as described here:

Use macOS Recovery on an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support

Disk missing no place to install new os x or start up disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.