You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop Preview from opening recent files

When I open a file with preview recent files are also opened. I want to continue listing files in the Open Recents menu. I have recently upgraded OS from Catalina to Monterey. I hadn't noticed this behavior before. I do not see anything in preferences that might turn off this behavior. Can I stop this?

thanks

john

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 3:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 1:15 PM

coltrane58:

I think this may occur if, under System Preferences > General, you have "Close windows when quitting an app" UNchecked and you have open windows when you quit Preview.

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 20, 2022 3:59 AM in response to coltrane58

With the Preview Application Closed not minimized Shift click Preview to launch the Application.

If this sort of a Safe Boot of the Application

Does this issue persist?

1 - Suggest restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

Stop Preview from opening recent files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.