You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand-new MacBookAir yet unable to connect to file share on network copier/scanner

Hello

I scan documents on our big Toshiba e-STUDIO2000 AC, have for years, and on my previous MacBookPro (running Catalina) from the finder I go command + K to access the Toshiba fileshare network, grab my just-scanned documents boom done easy.

Now got a brand-new MacBookAir and impossible to connect. Please see screenshots.

I've spoken to an Apple worker friend (he's more of a hardware dude I think now), spoke to Toshiba helpdesk, we did a teamviewer, everybody coming up empty. Nothing was changed on the Toshiba backoffice interface, and the Toshiba dude said everything looks copacetic there. he couldn't help me.

I am sharing my computer's settings as well as the error message, if any kind soul has any suggestions, I'd be grateful - joni boy also known as joni chaho

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Serial Number]

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 8:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 7:38 PM

I doubt I can come up with anything helpful. You're doing everything I would have done.

Since your Mac is new I'd be calling Apple. Start with Get Support. If you are fortunate, you may elicit enough interest from a high level technician with direct access to an engineer. There could conceivably be a macOS bug they should know about.

In the meantime I assume you clicked the Connect As... button as shown in the initial screenshot (the one showing Connection Failed). Connect As... should initiate an authentication request in which you provide a username and password for the scanner. I assume even that isn't happening, in which case I don't know where else to go. Is it possible the scanner is configured to communicate only with specific devices, using a MAC Address table for example?

Can you ping that address? I am assuming you are 100% certain it's correct. If it's not responding to ping requests it might as well not be there. Or it's configured to ignore ping requests, which doesn't help.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 20, 2022 7:38 PM in response to Joni Chacho

I doubt I can come up with anything helpful. You're doing everything I would have done.

Since your Mac is new I'd be calling Apple. Start with Get Support. If you are fortunate, you may elicit enough interest from a high level technician with direct access to an engineer. There could conceivably be a macOS bug they should know about.

In the meantime I assume you clicked the Connect As... button as shown in the initial screenshot (the one showing Connection Failed). Connect As... should initiate an authentication request in which you provide a username and password for the scanner. I assume even that isn't happening, in which case I don't know where else to go. Is it possible the scanner is configured to communicate only with specific devices, using a MAC Address table for example?

Can you ping that address? I am assuming you are 100% certain it's correct. If it's not responding to ping requests it might as well not be there. Or it's configured to ignore ping requests, which doesn't help.

Brand-new MacBookAir yet unable to connect to file share on network copier/scanner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.