You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

emails on iphone

I have set up iphone 7 off old iphone now it is down loading all my deleted emails from years ago how do i stop this and get rid of them

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 5:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 5:54 PM

hooks1 Said:

"emails on iPhone: I have set up iphone 7 off old iphone now it is down loading all my deleted emails from years ago how do i stop this and get rid of them"

-------

Troubleshooting Mail on a New iPhone:

A. Stopping this Syncing:

Disable WiFi and Cellular to stop this syncing.

B. Then Remove the eMail Account:

1. Go Here: Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support. View these to sections:
  2. Scroll to: Remove an email account
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

C. Set this Up Anew:

A last resort would be to set this up anew as if you were to sell it. Then, log in, configuring it all. Perform as instructed here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 21, 2022 5:54 PM in response to hooks1

hooks1 Said:

"emails on iPhone: I have set up iphone 7 off old iphone now it is down loading all my deleted emails from years ago how do i stop this and get rid of them"

-------

Troubleshooting Mail on a New iPhone:

A. Stopping this Syncing:

Disable WiFi and Cellular to stop this syncing.

B. Then Remove the eMail Account:

1. Go Here: Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support. View these to sections:
  2. Scroll to: Remove an email account
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

C. Set this Up Anew:

A last resort would be to set this up anew as if you were to sell it. Then, log in, configuring it all. Perform as instructed here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

emails on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.