You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ip6, Ip6S and Icloud storage

I have two iphones (ip6 and ip6s.

One is synched and automatically uploads photos to my paid icloud storage account (icloud.com) - no problem.

I want to upload photos from the other phone, (which has never been synched), to the same icloud storage account. Can I do this and keep the photos separated by phone name.

Each phone has a slightly different "name".

Both phones using the same appleid.

Your help is appreciated.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 12:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 8:29 AM

If you turn on iCloud Photos on both devices and they are both using the same Apple ID for iCloud, both phones will sync photos with iCloud and each other (all photos will be merged). There is no option to keep them separate by device.

iCloud Backup does keep all data separate by device but you cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup -- you can only use the backup to do a full restore of a device or to set up a new device. Photos will be included in an iCloud Backup only if you do not have iCloud Photos turned on in that device.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 24, 2022 8:29 AM in response to SpitfireML407

If you turn on iCloud Photos on both devices and they are both using the same Apple ID for iCloud, both phones will sync photos with iCloud and each other (all photos will be merged). There is no option to keep them separate by device.

iCloud Backup does keep all data separate by device but you cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup -- you can only use the backup to do a full restore of a device or to set up a new device. Photos will be included in an iCloud Backup only if you do not have iCloud Photos turned on in that device.

Ip6, Ip6S and Icloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.