You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magic keyboard

magic keyboard, space bar doesn't work

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 7:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 9:23 PM

TheLittles, thank you for responding. This is the third time this has happened. You fixed the space bar issue, but the hi light issue remained. I looked in Full Key Board Access/commands/and the right arrow was matched correctly, so I still have no idea how the highliting begins. The hilighting surrounds windows selected to work w, anywhere from the entire iPadPro screen to individual settings windows. One hilite at a time. Look for the color changes under Accessibility/Keyboards/Appearance/Color.

But I don't know how I turned this on when both the space bar stops and the hilite start working. I do not attempt to turn them on. Really weird.

To solve this I spent 1.5 hours restoring the iPadPro to factory and recovering from my iMac saved iPadProBackUp. Its now back to previous trouble today.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 24, 2022 9:23 PM in response to TheLittles

TheLittles, thank you for responding. This is the third time this has happened. You fixed the space bar issue, but the hi light issue remained. I looked in Full Key Board Access/commands/and the right arrow was matched correctly, so I still have no idea how the highliting begins. The hilighting surrounds windows selected to work w, anywhere from the entire iPadPro screen to individual settings windows. One hilite at a time. Look for the color changes under Accessibility/Keyboards/Appearance/Color.

But I don't know how I turned this on when both the space bar stops and the hilite start working. I do not attempt to turn them on. Really weird.

To solve this I spent 1.5 hours restoring the iPadPro to factory and recovering from my iMac saved iPadProBackUp. Its now back to previous trouble today.

Apr 24, 2022 7:32 PM in response to blackxacto

blackxacto Said:

"magic keyboard: magic keyboard, space bar doesn't work"

-------

Troubleshooting Magic Keyboard's Keys:

Factory Reset the Keyboard:

Try the following. Report back the results.

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Accessibility
  3. Tap: Keyboards
  4. Tap: Full Keyboard Access
  5. Tap: Commands
  6. Remove:space bar” from “Activate”.
  7. Add: space bar” to “Activate

Apr 24, 2022 8:10 PM in response to blackxacto

blackxacto Said:

"magic keyboard: But now I have a magic keyboard Colored Hilight ring rather than the magic keyboard right arrow moving to the next letter. How the heck did I do all this?"

-------

Insert Key on Magic Keyboard:

I'm not certain, but its almost as if you are using an insert key (but there is none for this keyboard. So, if you were using a third-party keyboard, then see if there is an insert key to use, as a way to disabled this.

magic keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.