You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my iphone passcode and the iphone says security lockout. Please advise.

How can I get access to my iphone as I have forgotten my iphone passcode that I made last night. It is stating security lockout. I use this phone for work and need this fixed as soon as possible. Thank you. Robyn W.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 9:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 9:22 AM

iPhone unavailable, Passcode forgotten, iphone Locked, or Disabled

You can sometimes remedy this without a computer if on iOS 15.2 or later by tapping on "erase iPhone" , but you will still need the Apple ID password. It will WIPE the phone, no choice!

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

video

https://youtu.be/7s8-zLG9ySQ

ios 15.1 and earlier:

If you've forgotten your iPhone passcode – Apple Support (UK)

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 25, 2022 9:22 AM in response to Robeen54

iPhone unavailable, Passcode forgotten, iphone Locked, or Disabled

You can sometimes remedy this without a computer if on iOS 15.2 or later by tapping on "erase iPhone" , but you will still need the Apple ID password. It will WIPE the phone, no choice!

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

video

https://youtu.be/7s8-zLG9ySQ

ios 15.1 and earlier:

If you've forgotten your iPhone passcode – Apple Support (UK)

Apr 25, 2022 10:02 AM in response to Robeen54

Yes, you can go to an Apple Store ... but, no, they cannot assist you with regaining access to your phone with a forgotten passcode. The only way to regain access, as LD150 has already mentioned, is to restore it ... which will completely erase it. You would then need to restore any data from a backup that you have been making to either iCloud or iTunes/Finder.

I forgot my iphone passcode and the iphone says security lockout. Please advise.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.