You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple app store crashing and won’t open.

Starting today, I cannot open my app store. I’m running iPados 15.4.1, the most up-to-date operating system, on an iPad Pro. I have 128GB capacity with 14GB available. I’ve done a hard restart several times with no success. Each time I tap the app store icon, it starts to open and then crashes.

Any suggestions? Anyone else experiencing this? My iPhone app store seems to be working fine.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 9:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 9:51 AM

There have been many reports of this issue today - principally affecting models of iPad Pro. The App Store App immediately crashes at launch with the iPad in Landscape orientation. If you rotate your iPad to Portrait, prior to launching the App Store, the App will launch correctly.

Please submit a Bug Report to Apple here - as Apple are notorious for not fixing an issue until sufficient reports are received. Your report could make the difference:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Please ensure that you include details of both your installed version of iPadOS and your iPad model in the body text of your report - and not solely rely upon the model and OS pick-list when submitting your Bug Report.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 25, 2022 9:51 AM in response to rebeccafromconyers

There have been many reports of this issue today - principally affecting models of iPad Pro. The App Store App immediately crashes at launch with the iPad in Landscape orientation. If you rotate your iPad to Portrait, prior to launching the App Store, the App will launch correctly.

Please submit a Bug Report to Apple here - as Apple are notorious for not fixing an issue until sufficient reports are received. Your report could make the difference:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Please ensure that you include details of both your installed version of iPadOS and your iPad model in the body text of your report - and not solely rely upon the model and OS pick-list when submitting your Bug Report.

Apple app store crashing and won’t open.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.