You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Browser won't allow me to access webpages

Hello friends. I'm at a loss! Awhile back I downloaded Catalina 10.15.7....which is what I'm running currently. Out of the blue...my browser (Chrome) is acting wonky, not allowing me to access webpages. I've tried the same URL's in Safari and Brave...NO LUCK/NO ACCESS. What I'm getting is this: THIS SITE CAN'T BE REACHED and a YOUR CONNECTION TO THIS SITE IS NOT SECURE.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 9:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 10:15 AM

Not sure I fully understand your issue. Are you saying that you are having trouble accessing one particular website, regardless of which web browser you use to access it with? Do you happen to see any HTTP response codes, starting with: 3xx, 4xx, or 5xx?

The two error messages indicate, at least, two separate issues:

• "THIS SITE CAN'T BE REACHED" - The site may be down or has placed restrictions for access.
  • "YOUR CONNECTION TO THIS SITE IS NOT SECURE" - This would indicate that the site requires a secure connection method that employs either SSL or TLS. Typically, you would use "HTTPS" in the URL to access this type of site.
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 25, 2022 10:15 AM in response to OFFICIALMADRIDSTANGELO

Not sure I fully understand your issue. Are you saying that you are having trouble accessing one particular website, regardless of which web browser you use to access it with? Do you happen to see any HTTP response codes, starting with: 3xx, 4xx, or 5xx?

The two error messages indicate, at least, two separate issues:

• "THIS SITE CAN'T BE REACHED" - The site may be down or has placed restrictions for access.
  • "YOUR CONNECTION TO THIS SITE IS NOT SECURE" - This would indicate that the site requires a secure connection method that employs either SSL or TLS. Typically, you would use "HTTPS" in the URL to access this type of site.

Apr 25, 2022 10:56 AM in response to Tesserax

THANK YOU for your response. I'll try to be more clear...(sorry I wasn't in my initial post). On my mac book I'm running OS Monterey...using my Browsers, Google Chrome and Safari, I have NO PROBLEMS accessing any website. No warning, no nothing. I type in the URL and I get to the sites. On my IMAC 2017, I'm running Catalina 10.15.7, OUT OF THE BLUE my browsers are (pretty much) restricting me from getting to any site. Sites like Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon. I CAN get into sites like CNN, and MSNBC, and YAHOO work fine. Most if not all OTHER sites I get a THIS SITE CAN'T BE REACHED window. Up in the Search Bar I get a little EXCLAMATION POINT. When I click on it, it says...YOUR CONNECTION TO THIS SITE IS NOT SECURE. I'm thinking this is a 'browser issue' OR some kind of Network Connection issue? I'm connected to Wifi, so know I have a wifi connection. I keep going over and over and over my browser settings, extensions, privacy and security settings...I just don't know what to do. I've never had this problem before. Please let me know if I've been clear as to what I'm experiencing. Thank you so much. M

Browser won't allow me to access webpages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.