You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2021 14inch lid issue

I bought it this year in February. The lid's lower side where it meets the hinge is not properly glued or loose. I took it to the nearest apply store but hey couldn't help me with it. I don't I can be able to upload a picture or a video. In the video I gently move my finger along the lower edge, and you can clearly see the loose part.

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 3:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 4:20 PM

Get expert service and support at the Genius Bar.

Click ▶︎ Start a Repair Request.

Need more help?

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 25, 2022 6:23 PM in response to a brody

Was is leaning against anything hard in its case? No

Did you purchase AppleCare+ Yes

Did you get a case# when you spoke with Apple about it? Yes but they didn’t help me at all.

I haven’t done anything to the machine. I use it for coding. Other than this physical issue the machine works. My old 2015 machine doesn’t have this problem. I am really disappointed to see this problem in less than three months.

A video shows much better than a picture but I attached a picture of the lower edge. You can see that it is no even along the whole length. It feels like a curtain when you move your little finger along with it.

Apr 25, 2022 5:21 PM in response to gumare

Was is leaning against anything hard in its case?

Was it bumped into?

Did you purchase AppleCare+

Did you get a case# when you spoke with Apple about it?

Only Apple can tell you if such a thing would be covered under the warranty. Those who purchase AppleCare+ get limited accidental coverage. If you are certain it is not accidental, you'd have to prove what you do to maintain the machine can not cause such damage. I would call AppleCare again, and discuss it.

This is just a user to user forum, so we can't say how they'll take it.

Apr 26, 2022 3:30 AM in response to gumare

Showing this to us will do no good. You need to show it to Apple. Since you have AppleCare+ if they say they won't cover it, ask to speak to customer relations and remind them that there is some accident forgiveness.

It is not my call. We are just end users here, not Apple. Apple only moderates these forums.

Please read the terms of use. it sounds like you are trying to have us guess or talk about Apple policy, which is strictly forbidden on this forum.

Apr 26, 2022 6:51 AM in response to gumare

If you have AppleCare, repairs should be covered, regardless of cause. The most you MIGHT have to pay for a damaged display in the US is about US$100.

But it will take an in-person inspection to determine what the actual problem and a solution might be. Under AppleCare and also under the one-year warranty, defects in materials and workmanship are covered completely.

If you have an Apple-owned store available, they will provide an inspection (but you MUST make an Appointment) for free, in warranty or out.

If your support is provided by Apple-Authorized Service Provider, they may have an evaluation fee. This is to keep users from consuming their expensive technician time with frivolous problems. If the make ANY repairs that you or Apple Pay for, ask for a refund of the inspection fee.

May 1, 2022 5:52 AM in response to gumare

I don't doubt that it wasn't an accident. I'm only saying because sometimes it can be hard to prove to a technician who sees many accidents that it was not. Regardless, I recommend making another visit either to the Apple Store or an authorized service provider.

You can also call AppleCare and arrange for a pickup and send to the repair center, but be sure to grab your case number regardless of which method you choose. This way if the repair center chooses to change what they will cover, you can refer to the original case number, so all the notes are there each time.

Macbook Pro 2021 14inch lid issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.