You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail: How do I undo 'See more' in an email?

Using Mail v15.0. How do I undo the 'see more' feature which appears as a blue link at the bottom of every received email (pic below)? For example, I received a reply email from Steve K and at the bottom of that email there is a blue 'See more from Steve K'.

If I click on that it expands our entire email thread within that email below in green and blue text. However I can't find a 'see less' option to collapse that email thread again. So now I'm stuck with this insanely long email and every time I scroll down through my emails it takes an inordinate amount of time to get past it. I'm guessing that there is a simple way to collapse that email...? Thanks in advance for the help.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 5:59 PM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2022 6:20 PM in response to 351Cleveland

351Cleveland wrote:

Using Mail v15.0. How do I undo the 'see more' feature which appears as a blue link at the bottom of every received email (pic below)? For example, I received a reply email from Steve K and at the bottom of that email there is a blue 'See more from Steve K'.
If I click on that it expands our entire email thread within that email below in green and blue text. However I can't find a 'see less' option to collapse that email thread again. So now I'm stuck with this insanely long email and every time I scroll down through my emails it takes an inordinate amount of time to get past it. I'm guessing that there is a simple way to collapse that email...? Thanks in advance for the help.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/3a94afe9-1978-4f97-8279-0889d254ab51

You can always customize the mail tool bar if there feature to make it easier, ex conversations. show/hide related messages. etc. reference:

Customize toolbars on Mac - Apple Support

Mail issues in macOS Monterey

If you still have issue try turning off/disable and compare your results—

Open mail app select Mail>Preferences>Privacy disable:

• “Protect Mail Activity” /
  • “Hide IP address” /
  • “Block all remote content”

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Apr 26, 2022 6:43 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks but in order to customize the toolbar I still need to know which command collapses the email thread that is expanded when clicking the 'See more' command (which disappears upon clicking). There is no 'See less' command or any other command prompt. I tried 'View>Collapse All Conversations' but that didn't work. It's as if Apple thought of a 'See more' feature but forgot to include a 'See less'. Seems like once you click 'See more' you're stuck with the expanded view.

Apr 26, 2022 6:46 PM in response to 351Cleveland

351Cleveland wrote:

Thanks but in order to customize the toolbar I still need to know which command collapses the email thread that is expanded when clicking the 'See more' command (which disappears upon clicking). There is no 'See less' command or any other command prompt. I tried 'View>Collapse All Conversations' but that didn't work. It's as if Apple thought of a 'See more' feature but forgot to include a 'See less'. Seems like once you click 'See more' you're stuck with the expanded view.

Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line  Apple Support

Mail: How do I undo 'See more' in an email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.