You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my macbook air login password but when i put in my password multiple times the option to put in my apple id never came up

I have forgotten my mac login password but when I put in my password multiple times the option to use my Apple ID never came up. What do I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 12:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 3:24 PM

Read If you forgot your Mac login password - Apple Support.

Skip the section "If you see the option to reset using your Apple ID." The following section is titled "If you see the option to restart and show password options." Proceed from there. Eventually you may arrive at the section that describes what to do if you can't reset your password.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2022 3:24 PM in response to 2999_isabel

Read If you forgot your Mac login password - Apple Support.

Skip the section "If you see the option to reset using your Apple ID." The following section is titled "If you see the option to restart and show password options." Proceed from there. Eventually you may arrive at the section that describes what to do if you can't reset your password.

I forgot my macbook air login password but when i put in my password multiple times the option to put in my apple id never came up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.