You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect a MacBook Air to the internet using a Thunderbolt adapter and Netgear Powerline?

How do I connect my MacBook Air to the internet using a Thunderbolt adapter -> ethernet -> an existing Netgear Powerline system? Everything's connected physically; how do I configure the Mac's system prefs? Detailed step-by-step answers, please. I'm not techie. Thanks -

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 12:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 12:42 PM

You have to manually set up your network. In doing that you can select auto connect if you choose. You need a modem in order to access the network: cable, DSL and etc. depending on your choices and what your ISP requires. You have to have a signal; an internet service provider with an active account.

Here's a couple of references that provide the step by step instructions you need:

Connect to the internet with your Mac - Apple Support

https://www.dummies.com/article/technology/computers/macs/general-macs/how-to-set-up-a-wifi-network-on-a-mac-209624/

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 29, 2022 12:42 PM in response to rustic39

You have to manually set up your network. In doing that you can select auto connect if you choose. You need a modem in order to access the network: cable, DSL and etc. depending on your choices and what your ISP requires. You have to have a signal; an internet service provider with an active account.

Here's a couple of references that provide the step by step instructions you need:

Connect to the internet with your Mac - Apple Support

https://www.dummies.com/article/technology/computers/macs/general-macs/how-to-set-up-a-wifi-network-on-a-mac-209624/

Apr 30, 2022 9:28 AM in response to ku4hx

Thanks:) I have Starlink, thus a good reliable internet signal. Problem was the wi-fi signal didn't reach to this part of the house. I'd plugged in the Thunderbolt via an adapter to ethernet, and to the Powerline adapter. When I came back this morning, it had established contact. I shut off wi-fi, and have excellent service via the power line. I guess I didn't give it enough time (?). Again, thanks for your response.

How do I connect a MacBook Air to the internet using a Thunderbolt adapter and Netgear Powerline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.