You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to adjust the amount of time the "lock screen" stays illuminated before the screen goes dark again?

Starting with the iPhone turned on but "asleep" -- the screen is dark -- if I briefly touch the screen or the power button, the screen illuminates to show the "lock screen." If I then do nothing else, the lock screen will stay illuminated, waiting for me to enter my passcode, for about seven seconds -- after which it will just go dark again.

How do I adjust this "seven seconds" time-period during which the lock screen remains illuminated at the lock screen level, to be a longer or shorter period of time? Or is there no way to adjust it?

iPhone 12 mini running iOS 15.4.1

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 12:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 12:27 PM

There is no setting to adjust that.

1 reply

How to adjust the amount of time the "lock screen" stays illuminated before the screen goes dark again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.