You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My HP OfficeJet 4654 printer stopped allowing me AirPrint?

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 12:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 2:44 PM

Hi,

The About AirPrint - Apple Support article only lists an HP OfficeJet 4650 All-In-One Printer. However, the HP specifications (https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-4650-all-in-one-printer-series/5447930/model/8900987/document/c04704159 Mobile printing solutions capability) indicate AirPrint support for a series including the HP OfficeJet 4654 All-in-One Printer.

An AirPrint-enabled model can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). The HP OfficeJet 4654 is for 2.4 GHz networks only.

If there are difficulties with AirPrint, and if all settings are OK, you could try the following procedure:

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the computer, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the computer. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

iPhone/iPad can print via AirPrint without extra apps.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 29, 2022 2:44 PM in response to gatorpaul

Hi,

The About AirPrint - Apple Support article only lists an HP OfficeJet 4650 All-In-One Printer. However, the HP specifications (https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-4650-all-in-one-printer-series/5447930/model/8900987/document/c04704159 Mobile printing solutions capability) indicate AirPrint support for a series including the HP OfficeJet 4654 All-in-One Printer.

An AirPrint-enabled model can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). The HP OfficeJet 4654 is for 2.4 GHz networks only.

If there are difficulties with AirPrint, and if all settings are OK, you could try the following procedure:

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the computer, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the computer. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

iPhone/iPad can print via AirPrint without extra apps.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.