You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mac's wont detect my card reader after been ejected after first time use

I plug my CFast reader into my mac and I can read the files on the card. After use I eject it, and now when I plug the cardreader into the computer nothings happens now. How do i fix this so I can read my files again. Same thing happens when I tried on my other Macs.

What can i do so my computer again will detect this card?

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 9:46 AM

5 replies

Apr 30, 2022 1:05 PM in response to AnatisVIII

Did it work before you updated to 12.3.1?

As a long shot try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Ig still problem and it work before update to 12.3.1 then either wait for Apple to fix in future update ort for the reader manufacturer to provide an update.

Apr 30, 2022 4:15 PM in response to lllaass

Not sure, I just bought this card reader last week. But I tried on my friends Macbook Air 2012, don't know which software thats on, but really old. But same thing happens there. First time you plug it in theres no problem. After use and you eject the card it won't detect on the computer again when plugging in.

Going into Safe Mode didn't do anything either.

Can I somehow like reset my USB-C ports so it gonna be like the first time i plug something into them, without wiping the whole computer?

Apr 30, 2022 4:52 PM in response to AnatisVIII

AnatisVIII wrote:

Not sure, I just bought this card reader last week. But I tried on my friends Macbook Air 2012, don't know which software thats on, but really old. But same thing happens there. First time you plug it in theres no problem. After use and you eject the card it won't detect on the computer again when plugging in.

Going into Safe Mode didn't do anything either.

Can I somehow like reset my USB-C ports so it gonna be like the first time i plug something into them, without wiping the whole computer?

Rebooting the machine re-defines port definition.

I would get a different card reader.

My mac's wont detect my card reader after been ejected after first time use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.