You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I am sending from iPhone to laptop where do the photos go the laptop?

When I AirDrop from iPhone to laptop, where do the images go?

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 10:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 12:58 PM

From the article below.

If you tap Accept, the AirDrop will come through within the same app it was sent from. For example, photos appear in the Photos app and websites open in Safari. App links open in the App Store so you can download or purchase the app.

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 30, 2022 12:58 PM in response to bellefromny

From the article below.

If you tap Accept, the AirDrop will come through within the same app it was sent from. For example, photos appear in the Photos app and websites open in Safari. App links open in the App Store so you can download or purchase the app.

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

May 1, 2022 5:09 PM in response to Eric Root

in Downloads folder (dumb place) on Mac, I finally found the 3 photos I'm trying to transfer from photos on iPhone to photos library on Mac, but I don't see where to Accept, and do not see that option on Photos on Mac. Photos open in preview, but how can I get them into photo library on Mac so I can edit?

And how did something that was automatic for so long suddenly become practically impossible through time-consuming multiple steps?? How can I shorten this process to automatic again??

If I am sending from iPhone to laptop where do the photos go the laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.