You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Over 20,900 songs are suddenly incorrectly showing as kind: "PDF document"

The songs still play, and when I look at the Options tab when getting info on the song(s), the media kind is correctly showing "Music," but on the File tab, it says the song is a PDF document.

This happened suddenly to the majority of my library - over 20,000 songs show up this way. Some are iTunes matched, some are uploaded, and some are downloaded on my MacBook Air (M1, 2020, Monterey version 12.3.1, Music version 1.2.3.56). Doesn't seem to matter what their status is or when they were added. I am an Apple Music subscriber and have iTunes Match.

What's going on? Is there an easy solution?

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 3:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 1, 2022 3:28 AM

Ouch. That looks wrong. Do you have Time Machine? If so I would restore a backup of the library from a recent date when you knew things were OK and then option-start-Music to explicitly select that restored database. Failing that try using the option-start-Music method to create a new empty library, enable sync library, and see if you now get a more sensible set of details regarding your content in the cloud.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 1, 2022 3:28 AM in response to mtthwdyr

Ouch. That looks wrong. Do you have Time Machine? If so I would restore a backup of the library from a recent date when you knew things were OK and then option-start-Music to explicitly select that restored database. Failing that try using the option-start-Music method to create a new empty library, enable sync library, and see if you now get a more sensible set of details regarding your content in the cloud.

tt2

Over 20,900 songs are suddenly incorrectly showing as kind: "PDF document"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.