You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer apps and settings to new iPhone 13 Pro?

I used the back up my data to the cloud (free Icloud space) and quick start to go from my apple Iphone X to an Apple 13 Pro, but none of the apps or settings transferred - did I just waste my time trying to do this Icloud thing - do I have to go and actually re-install all the apps on my phone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on May 2, 2022 7:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 8:08 AM

iCloud backups do not include apps directly. However, it does include a list off apps you had installed, and when you do the restore process it sets them up to be automatically downloaded onto the new device. You should not need to manually download them.

If nothing was setup to download, then check that you did in fact correctly back up the device, and restore the iCloud backup to the new iPhone. Follow the steps here: link-> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2022 8:08 AM in response to mimininja

iCloud backups do not include apps directly. However, it does include a list off apps you had installed, and when you do the restore process it sets them up to be automatically downloaded onto the new device. You should not need to manually download them.

If nothing was setup to download, then check that you did in fact correctly back up the device, and restore the iCloud backup to the new iPhone. Follow the steps here: link-> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

How to transfer apps and settings to new iPhone 13 Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.