You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hacked Apple ID email

Someone, 100 miles away, attempted to access my account, I have changed my password, checked the bank account that I access online and PayPal, and there are no unauthorised payments, yet! Assuming that my email was hacked, I am a member of a number of forums, cars etc, will the hacker have been able to get the passwords for these forums, the passwords are NOT stored anywhere on my devices?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad mini 5, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 3, 2022 7:47 AM

2 replies

May 3, 2022 12:27 PM in response to exlondoner

The history behind this is that on Monday I noticed an email in my junk folder with the subject Robyn, Roybn or something like that, and clicked to see what it was, a picture of a bathmat appeared in the email (that was in spite of me setting images not to appear) and unfortunately as I went to delete it my finger brushed against the picture and it took me to Safari. I immediately closed the tab so the page did not have time to load visually.

Then this afternoon Apple said that someone in London was trying to log into my account, so I clicked “not allow”, I had to do that several times, continually giving my password. This went on for about 20/30 mins and eventually I managed to change my password.

Obviously I cannot be sure of the connection but it seems a bit of a coincidence.

Hacked Apple ID email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.