You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot connect my computer to my printer

How do I connect my computer to my printer?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 4, 2022 10:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2022 10:24 AM

What iMac model and what macOS is it running?

see > Identify your iMac model - Apple Support

What printer are you wanting to use with your iMac?

see > Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

May 4, 2022 10:29 AM in response to PeterDL

Hi, PeterDL, i’d love to help you but i/we’ll need some info: what model of mac, what year, what mac os do you have now and what make/brand/manufacturer and model number of printer? Usually if you connect it directly to your mac via usb, and turn on your printer then go to system preferences>printing>add a printer it’ll show up, if not you’d have to go to the printer manufacturer’s website and download + install updated drivers/software… if you have Wi-Fi turned on and the wi-Fi feature is turned on, on your printer, you might be able to use AirPrint.. then again, i don’t know anything other than you have a Mac and a printer, and you can’t connect the 2 together…

john b

I cannot connect my computer to my printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.