You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My app

I am attempting to use the Find My app on my iMac, on left tab says I need to Sign in to locate your Mac and other devices. I follow the information it mentions, go to iCloud, try to turn Find My Mac under iCloud services, I get a message asking "Allow Find My Mac to use the location of this Mac" and I click allow. It goes through a very short Settup message, then stops, and the box for Find My Mac doesn't stay there. I have searched for answers, but found none. Can't seem to get it to work. Anyone got any ideas? TIA

MacBook Pro 17″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 5, 2022 12:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 8:18 AM

vladimir10 wrote:

I am attempting to use the Find My app on my iMac, on left tab says I need to Sign in to locate your Mac and other devices. I follow the information it mentions, go to iCloud, try to turn Find My Mac under iCloud services, I get a message asking "Allow Find My Mac to use the location of this Mac" and I click allow. It goes through a very short Settup message, then stops, and the box for Find My Mac doesn't stay there. I have searched for answers, but found none. Can't seem to get it to work. Anyone got any ideas? TIA

See if there is anything here:

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple ...

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 6, 2022 8:18 AM in response to vladimir10

vladimir10 wrote:

See if there is anything here:

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple ...

Find My app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.