You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't play my music

Whenever I try to play some of music on iTunes: I get a pop window and it says "This requires iTunes Match or Apple Music" How do I get my music back????

Posted on May 5, 2022 5:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 5, 2022 8:09 PM

Is this music that you purchased from the iTunes Store? If so, and it only happens for a few songs, then the music files might have gotten corrupted somehow. Try deleting and redownload them: See the 'Redownload music in iTunes on your PC' section in:

Redownload music - Apple Support

If it happens for every song, then see:

If you have problems playing music in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

Or is it music that you acquired with an Apple Music subscription or have an iTunes Match subscription? If so, you might be able to fix your issue by turning Sync Library off for all of your devices, then turning it back on again.  Learn how.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 5, 2022 8:09 PM in response to hrod69

Is this music that you purchased from the iTunes Store? If so, and it only happens for a few songs, then the music files might have gotten corrupted somehow. Try deleting and redownload them: See the 'Redownload music in iTunes on your PC' section in:

Redownload music - Apple Support

If it happens for every song, then see:

If you have problems playing music in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

Or is it music that you acquired with an Apple Music subscription or have an iTunes Match subscription? If so, you might be able to fix your issue by turning Sync Library off for all of your devices, then turning it back on again.  Learn how.

iTunes won't play my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.