You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera not Working Any Ideas Why

Help my camera on my MacBook Pro is saying it cannot be detected. I went to do a zoom and it wouldn't load. I tried to open FaceTime its says it isn't there I opened hardware and it says it is not detected? This is a first.

Posted on May 6, 2022 12:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 12:47 PM

1ndirishfan wrote:

Help my camera on my MacBook Pro is saying it cannot be detected. I went to do a zoom and it wouldn't load. I tried to open FaceTime its says it isn't there I opened hardware and it says it is not detected? This is a first.

If the camera is not detected in >(Option key) System Information>Hardware >Camera

then you have a hardware issue

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

if the camera is recognized by system

Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to test and compare your results

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 6, 2022 12:47 PM in response to 1ndirishfan

1ndirishfan wrote:

If the camera is not detected in >(Option key) System Information>Hardware >Camera

then you have a hardware issue

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

if the camera is recognized by system

Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support to test and compare your results

Camera not Working Any Ideas Why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.