You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover deleted text from notes

Hi, I just inadvertently selected all and deleted the text from a note, when I was looking to select a portion of the text. How do I recover the text, the undo/redo typing doesn't seem to work like it does in Pages?

Posted on May 7, 2022 3:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 4:35 AM

i read this after i had deleted text in a note and had panicked and went to my ipad but i didnt turn off the internet and it had already updated to the deleted note because it was on my icloud. do you know if i can get it back somehow?

2 replies

May 7, 2022 3:36 AM in response to Jasmine_Lager

So I saw this question online and for some reason it was not possible to reply to so I thought I could do it myself

Simple answer - undo, but that doesn't work if you happened to click away to another note. My solution is to take another synced up device (so if a cat walked over your computer and deleted it form there you take your phone) and turn off the internet.

That way the second device, where you didn't screw up, doesn't update the iCloud note and you can copy the text to another new note. Once it goes back online it deletes the original note but the new one, copied one, stays and syncs up.

Recover deleted text from notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.