You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do email accounts disappear from Mail?

I have 4 email accounts that I use frequently. 3 of them are gmail accounts. These account will randomly disappear from the sidebar, but are present when I view accounts. To make them appear again, I have to delete the accounts and recreate them. Is there something I can do to keep this from happening?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 7, 2022 8:47 AM

3 replies

May 8, 2022 9:24 AM in response to MiniBooger

Greetings, MiniBooger.

If your Mail accounts keep disappearing, there are some steps you can take.

1. Since updating can help resolve issues, make sure your macOS is up-to-date. Update macOS on Mac
  2. Then, start in safe mode to see if you can duplicate the issue. This may tell you if your software is causing the problem. How to use safe mode on your Mac

We hope this helps!

Sincerely.

May 8, 2022 9:31 AM in response to JessS19

Unfortunately, I cannot update my macOS right now. When I updated to Catalina, it wreaked havoc with my desktop publishing programs as they hadn't been updated to coincide with the release and I can't risk losing functionality or dealing with performance issues due to tight working deadlines. This problem also occurred with [at least one] previous version of macOS. Secondly, I cannot force the issue to occur as it happens randomly. Any other suggestions?

Why do email accounts disappear from Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.